Saturday, December 29, 2012

Child's Play

It's funny that as little girls (or even boys) one of our favorite things to do was to dress up and pretend to be someone with extraordinary abilities, personalities, or looks. I vividly remember spinning around so fast in my room just hoping I would magically turn into Wonder Woman. :) (Don't look at me sideways...lol...I know I wasn't the only one. :))



Fast forward to now and it turns out that it’s still one of my favorite things to do! So much so that I chose a career where I get to transform into different people with different experiences, emotions, qualities, and characteristics.



 What's interesting is that in the process, you discover or reveal that there is a tiny or big part of that role/character that already exists in you...the good, the bad and the ugly. :) The discovery of that or the freedom to reveal that truth can be both scary and exhilarating at the same time.


 



I think for most actors, we are a tad weary of being pigeon-holed or locked into a type (typecast), but as we grow, we learn to embrace the essence of who we are and how people see us. However, personally, I still love the opportunities to tap into all facets of who I am or who I could be!


                                   

 As I look at the changes in my headshots, the roles I've had, and even the physical changes I've made personally...I just accept that I love all of those people and have enjoyed the exploration, the discovery, and revelation...whether they worked or not. :)



Maybe it’s that little girl in me...but I look forward to playing "dressup" and having extraordinary experiences on this journey for many, many years to come. Wanna play???




4 comments:

  1. Even I'm living this journey with you I'm loving even more seeing it in words. Thank You. #YourBiggestFan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We look forward to watching you bring your characters to life.You are very talented and cant wait to see what you bring in 2013.God Bless .
    #YourBaileyFans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate you all always being so supportive! You all understand the hustle and the struggle. :-) Speaking of that....CONGRATULATIONS Nadej on being named on IMDB's Atlanta's 25 On the Rise!!! Sooo awesome! I'm so proud of you miss lady. :-) Keep shining superstar! I'm watching and supporting.

      Delete
  3. Love to see you capturing and enjoying your journey. You were indeed made for this. Such a talent my friend. Love ya!

    Kaira

    ReplyDelete