Friday, December 14, 2012

The Beginning...

Seems like yesterday, I was lugging a carseat with my new daughter into the waiting room of my agency, for an audition; asking my girl, actress, & fellow mom Karen (w/carseat in tow as well :-)) or anyone else who didn't look like a stalker, to watch my child, while I go into "the room".  Oh the memories of slipping into the restroom of the Corner Bakery, on my lunch break, dressed in a suit with glasses on, and then emerging like Superman, with contacts on, make-up flawless, hair flowing, fitted jeans and a bright colored top, headed over to Stillwell for an audition!  Many a day, wondering if the folks at the restaurant thought I was a hooker on the low. :-)  Sheer chaos...but pure adrenaline...and all this to hear those three little words..."You booked it!"  My first successful call from my agent....a commercial..."You booked it!" 

Before I decided to start acting professionally, I had done my vision board, wrote out my goals, put into practice those proven tools for success, and on that list..."To do a commercial." Check!
At that time, I knew that I loved acting, but wasn't considering it as a career, so I thought...a commercial would be fun. :-)  Well, you see...God sets bigger goals for us than we can imagine!  He knows what your true passion is and in time..the right time...reveals to you what it is.  He gives you the intention, the intuition, the gumption, and the tools to start on your journey to fulfilling it.  I should have known it was gonna be good with all the excitement and adventure I had experienced starting out on this journey, but 12 commercials later, and a steady growing career as a full-time actress, I have to say....it's been even better than I expected....


9 comments:

  1. I am going to enjoy this journey through words as I have enjoyed it in the physical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Good luck on your journey and don't forget about us small time comics along the ride. (Personal assitant anyone lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vic...thanks for my first comment! I can always count on you Babe. :-) That means more than you really know...

    Musa...thanks for my second one brother! And for always supporting me. And, uh, which "small time" comic might you be referring too?? I don't know of any..certainly not in MY family. :-) We are ridin togetha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that greatness is always partnered with a process to bring the very best out of us.Greatness never "JUST HAPPENS" but is produced in the most unusual circumstances and situations. You have proven to be one to progress "against all odds" Proud of you is not the word but "Well Done" describes it all. Thank you for being an example to many and a living inspiration.

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tori...I really appreciate your words. I don't take them lightly. You inspire me constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When FB is used for the good, it allows you to connect and support those friendships from long ago. I am grateful for the opportunity to root for my girls from 4th grade. CUE developed the personal tools needed for us to be successful on any stage we imagined. The fact that you followed your deepest dream and are being rewarded is mind blowing. You are a constant reminder that jazzy and star material doesn't mean nasty or ruthless. You flow and continue to hold your head high at church, sorority and school meetings. Your spirit hasn't changed and again that's a blessing. I pray continued success on all your stages as you glide into 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...this tugged at my heart strings coming from someone who knew me wayyy back when and was there when that seed of the love for the arts and acting was planted in us. Thank you for your sweet and encouraging words. I truly appreciate them. Feeling blessed to have so many good people in my corner as I travel this unpredictable road.

      Delete
  7. We look forward to following your journey on your wonderful Blog. God Bless and continuous success .

    Bailey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailey Family...I so appreciate your support! The way talent is running through your family...I look forward to continuing to witness the exciting journey YOU all have ahead of you. I receive the blessing and thank you again.

      Delete